New! (Unreal Engine) Preview release of Unreal Engine integration for macOS and Windows
New! Added support to rotate an ambisonic mix when using SpatDecoderFile/Queue (also exposed as an option in Unity)
New! Added support for playing .opus files in AudioObject and SpatDecoderFile. See documentation for more information
New! Added decode in audio callback option to AudioObject for synchronous processing
New! Exposed distance attenuation properties in AudioObject
New! Added native macOS/iOS audio decoder support to playback native OS codecs
New! Added a method to get the output latency of the audio device
New! Documentation on supported codecs
New! Script and documentation to prepare spatial audio assets for streaming (via DASH)
New! SpeakersVirtualizer class for virtualizer surround audio
New! AudioEngine::AudioMixCallback for accessing the final mix written to the audio device
New! AudioObject::BufferCallback to optionally write custom/procedurally generated audio for spatialisation
New! (ExoPlayer) Added method to get/set the ChannelMap in Audio360Sink
New! (ExoPlayer) AudioSink can optionally compensate for output latency, improving AV sync
Updated: Documentation includes information on AudioObject
Updated: Documentation includes information on Unreal Engine
Updated: (ExoPlayer) Integration updated to to v2.8.0 of ExoPlayer, updated example
Updated: (ExoPlayer) Older ExoPlayer versions are no longer supported, use previous versions of the SDK if required
Fixed: (Unity) Script execution order to avoid cases where objects are used before the engine is initialised
Fixed: (Unity) Improved event callback support for AudioObject
Fixed: (Unity) Fix for buffering/crackling on Android
Fixed: (Unity) Fixed editor singleton errors
Fixed: (Unity) Runtime exception when using IL2CPP in Unity
Fixed: Event::DECODER_INIT not being dispatched when a file is resampled
Fixed: Fixed incorrect elapsed time/sync when assets are resampled
Fixed: Positional tracking not changing if there's no change in rotation
Fixed: Noise at the end of certain wav files
Fixed: SpatDecoderFile silence when closing and reopening files
Fixed: SpatDecoderFile silence when closing and reopening files
Fixed: Crash when the number of channels in a file does not match the required channel map
Fixed: Head-locked channels would go out of sync in some cases
Fixed: Elapsed time drifts if resampling is applied
Fixed: Crash when objects exceed the pool
Fixed: (ExoPlayer) Fixed end of stream not being handled / event not being triggered
Facebook 360 Audio Terms
These Facebook 360 Audio Terms (“Terms”) govern your use of the Facebook 360 Audio Engine software (including any updates, upgrades and/or new versions thereof that are made available to you) (collectively, the “Software”). By clicking “Download” and accessing or using the Software, you agree to the Terms.
Last updated on 11 August 2017
1. Subject to these Terms, Facebook hereby grants to you a worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, non-transferable, non-sublicenseable, royalty-free copyright license to (a) use and reproduce the Software in object code format for inclusion in your applications, content, games, and demos (collectively referred to as “Developer Content”), and (b) distribute the Software solely as incorporated in your Developer Content.
2. You agree:
a) Not to copy or use the Software for any purpose except as expressley permitted by these Terms;
b) Not to modify, disassemble, decompile or otherwise reverse engineer the Software;
c) To ensure that your employees, agents and other parties under your control who will use the Software do so in accordance with these Terms and are accordingly notified of the same;
d) Not to permit or facilitate the use of the Software in any manner which would constitute a breach of these Terms; and
e) Not to place or distribute the Software (except as incorporated in your Developer Content) on any website, File Transfer Protocol server or similar location without the express prior written consent of Facebook.
3. You will use reasonable efforts to include in the Developer Content any logo, audio badge and/or other branding for the Software that Facebook may reasonably request, and Facebook hereby grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicenseable license to use such branding assets solely in the manner Facebook requests.
4. Facebook may make changes to these Terms at any time by notifying you in writing (including email) describing the changes made. Any such changes will become effective, and will be deemed accepted by you, thirty (30) days following your receipt of notice (except any changes Facebook notifies you are required by law, which will become effective immediately) (the “Notice Period”). If you do not agree to any or all changes to these Terms, you must cease use of the Software during the Notice Period as to any prospective Developer Content, which will be your sole and exclusive remedy. Any then-existing Developer Content will continue to be governed by the then-prior version of these Terms. You agree that your continued use of the Software after the Notice Period constitutes your agreement to the applicable changes to these Terms.
5. Facebook reserves the right to terminate these Terms and all your rights hereunder in the event: (a) you materially breach these Terms and fail to cure such breach within ten (10) business days after notice of breach from Facebook; (b) a claim is threatened or made by a third party that the Developer Content infringes its intellectual property or proprietary rights; (c) the Developer Content violates or infringes applicable law; or (d) Facebook believes in good faith that your use of the Software poses a risk to, or could adversely impact, Facebook’s or its affiliates’ products or business. Termination pursuant to this Section 5 shall be effective: (i) immediately upon notice from Facebook for termination under the foregoing subsections (b) or (c), and (ii) within thirty (30) days’ after notice from Facebook for termination under subsection (d). Termination under subsection (d) shall be effective as to any prospective Developer Content but not as to any then-existing Developer Content, provided, however, that you shall use commercially reasonable efforts to create and distribute new versions of the Developer Content during such thirty (30) day notice period which does not utilize the Software (“New Versions”) and encourage end users to replace the Developer Content with the New Versions.
6. You may not assign any rights or obligations under these Terms without the advance written consent of Facebook, which may be withheld in its sole discretion; provided, however, that you may, without such consent, assign these Terms in connection with the transfer or sale of all or substantially all of your business or assets related to these Terms, or in the event of a merger, consolidation, change in control or other similar transaction (a “Change of Control”). In the event of a Change of Control: (a) you will give written notice to Facebook within thirty (30) days after the Change of Control; and (b) Facebook may immediately terminate rights or obligations under these Terms any time between the Change of Control and thirty (30) days after it receives that written notice. Facebook may assign its rights or obligations under these Terms in its sole discretion.
7. Your remedies under these Terms shall be limited to the right to collect money damages, if any, and you hereby waive your right to injunctive or other equitable relief.
8. Your use of third-party materials included in the Software may be subject to other terms and conditions typically found in separate third-party license agreements or “READ ME” files included with such third-party materials. To the extent such other terms and conditions conflict with these Terms, the former will control with respect to the applicable third-party materials.
9. Facebook may include in the Software additional content (e.g., samples) for demonstration, references or other specific purposes. Such content will be clearly marked in the Software and is subject to any included terms and conditions.
10. If you are accepting these terms on behalf of a third party, you represent and warrant that you have the authority as agent to such party to use such feature on their behalf and bind such party to these terms.
12. The Software is part of “Facebook” under Facebook’s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities (https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms, the “SRR”), and your use of the Software is deemed part of your use of, and actions on, “Facebook.” In the event of any express conflict between these Terms and the SRR, these Terms will govern solely with respect to your use of the Software and solely to the extent of the conflict. Facebook reserves the right to monitor or audit your compliance with these Terms and to update these Terms from time to time as described above.
Join our Facebook 360 Community Group to be a part of the daily 360 Video and VR conversation.